Monday, February 16, 2015

Inspired by Current Events

I am not like anyone else, but you can't tell by looking at me. At a glance, I fall in with the crowd. Everyone around me seems exactly the same, and we're all judged the same despite how different we really are. I want to be seen as just me, but I have no idea how to get out of the group.

Sometimes I am loved. I'm told I'm beautiful and glorious. I manage to make children laugh and create wonderful games. But its's not always that way. The love vanishes with a few foggy breaths. I get walked on and thrown around. It's like no one cares until I am in their way.

I change the world around me and no one realizes how hard I work. It's not easy being me. I have to travel a lot and I don't get to stay in one place for long. Its a tough life but it's mine. I build things and sometimes I break things but it's usually an accident. I just want some attention, some recognition for all of the work I do to make the world beautiful and different.

I want to get out of this drift and be noticed for me. Maybe I'll catch a ride on the wind, or on an eyelash. Maybe if I get that close, you will really see me, and how unique I am. I guess its not so bad being a snowflake.

No comments:

Post a Comment